Thursday, September 30, 2010

Incorporating technology into the pre-school curriculum


Technology is something that we encounter and work with in our daily life. Computers, mobile phones for an instant are items which we use almost daily. I have a little cousin who is three years old and you will always come running after me for games in my I-pod touch. I downloaded a few applications which could teach her phonics in a fun and captivating way. Applications which could teach math concepts could be downloaded as well. I downloaded some, thinking that my cousin could be exposed to math concept while she’s playing.

While reading chapter 7 of the text, I thought why couldn’t we incorporate technology into the math curriculum in my school for the pre-schoolers? As I read on, I was surprised that calculator could be introduced to pre-schoolers. If I did not remember wrongly, I was only introduced to use calculator in my secondary school days. The main purposed of using the calculator during math lesson was to solve equations on sin, cos, tan etc. Not forgetting, to add and subtract during accounts lesson too. These days, pre-schoolers are actually using it. This was really something that catches my attention, and I believe that it is worth trying in local pre schools.

Of the few websites which I visited, this is the site which I like most. Do pay a visit to the site. =)
http://mathcats.com/#contents

No comments:

Post a Comment