Thursday, September 30, 2010

Geometry

Of all the lesson that we had, this lesson is the most confusing of  all for me, as Geometry is one of the killer in my 'O' level. I always fine it very abstract to remember the angles in pentagon, and in many other shapes. Today's lesson is another eye-opener for me, I was introduced to the function of a tangram. Before this lesson, the set of tangram in my classroom was place in the manipulative centre where children could use it to create picture or diagram during their learning centre time.



This was something created by the K2 children while they are at the manipulative centre.


Today, I know how I could use this in the math centre where it could extend children's learning.
Something for me to take away from today lesson is the different between a square and a rhombus.
I would definitely remember that lines that appears to be equal need not be equal and also a rhombus. I thought the sukudo game was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment