Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pre-course reading (Chapter 2)

Having read through Chapter 2, I am determined to revamp my teaching style in class. As mentioned in the textbook that a classroom environment does somehow or rather impact the learning of the children.

I felt that it is time for me to change my teaching style to make learning math fun for the children, instead of me teaching the children the concept I wanted them to learn through teaching aids.

I felt that I need to provide the opportunity for the children to post questions and also to ask open ended questions to get the children thinking and construct their own understanding of the concept instead of me telling them the concepts and giving our activity sheet thereafter to gauge their understanding of the topic (Which was the way I was taught when I was young)

I believe that an enriching and welcoming learning environment is essential for learners in whichever subject they are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment